Welcome to our Parents Zone, this is designed to help parents of new members to the Group and as well as our current members.
Personal Information and Parental Consent
It is important that we hold current up to date details of all our young people as well as have consents from their parents to enable them to join in our activities. Please click on the links on this page to access the relevant on-line form (ie; Consents Form or Personal Details Information Form).
These forms should be used by New Group Members for providing initial information to us and Existing Group Members for notifying any relevant updates eg; changes of address, telephone numbers etc.
Download copies of the Personal Details Information Form and Parental Consent Form , if you prefer to submit these either electronically fo JonL1stcheamscouts@btinternet.com or in hard copy to your child’s section leader.
Subscriptions and Gift Aid
Our Subscriptions Secretary will contact you re the arrangements for paying annual subscriptions for our Beavers, Cubs and Scouts. We ask all those who possibly can,to also complete a Gift Aid Form. This enables us to claim 25% from the Government for our funds at no extra cost to you. Please select the ‘gift aid form’ link on this page in order to complete the online form.
We run a ‘100 club’ prize draw every month in order to help raise funds for the Group. Anybody is able to join the ‘100 club’ and support the Group by subscribing to the monthly prize draws with a chance to win a monthly cash prize. Please see the 100 club section of our website to register your interest and join in. Please do invite other members of your family and friends to also take part and and help support Scouting in Cheam
Supporting the Group by on-line purchasing
You can support the Group with most on-line purchases that you make by just signing up to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk and nominate the 1st Cheam Scout Group as your chosen cause, we then receive a small contribution from many of the retailers that you may purchase from. These contributions support the delivery of our activity programmes, maintain our Headquarters, pay our essential bills and enable us to keep our annual subscriptions at a minimum. Anybody can sign up to this so we encourage all parents to do so as well as encourage their friends and family to support us in the same way.
Welcome to the 1st Cheam Group. We have summarised below some key steps in becoming a Group member, and also a member of the Scout Association if applicable.
- New Beavers, Cubs and Scouts have a short introductory period of a few meetings to see if they like us and would like to join.
- Before attending the first meeting, please complete the Personal Information form and the Parental Consent form available on the right-hand side of this page. This is to ensure the safety and wellbeing of Group members, and no new member may attend meetings without these being completed
- The relevant 1st Cheam leader will discuss with you the date and arrangement for being ‘invested’ into the Group.
- Members will require their Beaver, Cub or Scout uniform, and also a 1st Cheam Group scarf/neckerchief for the investiture. Please see our website section on uniform for further information
- Parents will be invited to attend their child’s investiture at our Headquarters.
- Group Subscriptions are payable from the end of the introductory period. Our Subscriptions Secretary will contact you about this separately. We encourage parents to pay subscriptions by ‘Gift Aid’ if they are able to do so as this is of substantial benefit to the Group at no additional cost to parents. A link to the on-line Gift Aid form is available on this page.
- We also ask parents to consider supporting the Group by joining our 100 Club and sign up to enable us to receive a small commission through on-line purchases. Details of both of these are above.
Group T Shirts, Polo Shirts and Sweat Shirts
We have a range of ‘Group wear’ items available (ie; Tee shirts, Polo shirts and Sweat shirts. These are in the Group’s maroon colour with a yellow embroidered 1st Cheam / Scout logo. They are very suitable for all scouting activities especially District events and at camp and are available in a variety of sizes . The T-shirt can be worn under the uniform tops.
We will be pleased if all members of the Group have one of these “extras” in addition to the basic uniform. These may also be ordered by Group supporters, and friends.
A link to a downloadable order form is available on this page. Hard copies are available on request at our Headquarters.