1st Cheam Scout Group – Data Privacy Statement
The Data Privacy Statement of 1st Cheam Scout Group (the ‘Group’) sets out what information we collect, how we collect it, and what we do with it. This Statement applies to you and a copy is available on request to the Group Administrator.Information about you
This refers to a combination of information such as your name, contact details, your child’s name, date of birth and any special needs/disabilities/dietary requirements that you supply to us or is otherwise supplied to us.
Your information is collected when a member joins the Group and when we request information specifically from you in relation to specific activities and other events.
We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
Our use of your information
(1) For ensuring that we have contact information in case of emergencies or other matters that might affect the wellbeing or health of a member of the Group, and for the purposes of making the necessary bookings for Group led activities in which you or your child may be involved
(2) For providing you with information about activities and events in which the Group and its ‘Sections’ (Beavers, Cubs, Scouts), Young Leaders, Adult Leaders, helpers and Group Supporters may be involved.
(3) For contacting you in relation to Group subscriptions, payments by Gift Aid, 100 Club, distribution of News Sheets and other events where the Group is seeking support.
(4) For maintaining an admissions’ register and a waiting list of potential future members.
(5) For maintaining historic archives and maintaining contact with alumni of the Group.
(6) For updating and maintaining the OSM (On-line Scout Manager) system. This system is accredited for GDPR and is used to maintain personal details and manage the recording and award of badges and achievements by our Beavers, Cubs and Scouts. This service is provided by a Scout Association approved supplier with who we have a data processing agreement.
(7) Information (such as health or religion) may be considered “sensitive personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations. We collect it from you on request, to ensure the wellbeing of Group members and so that we can cater to their needs or act in their interests.
(8) We assume that you agree to us providing such information as is required by the Sutton District Scouts, the Greater London South West County Scouts and the Scout Association in order to support your membership of the Group and engagement in its activities.
(9) Photographs of your child may be used in displays within the 1st Cheam Scout Group’s headquarters and for inclusion in the Group’s periodic news sheet, for the purpose of showing activities that our Beavers, Cubs and Scouts take part in. You may request that any images of your child are not used in this way. We will request your specific approval for use of photographs outside of the above uses.
(10) Where the Group uses social media as a means of communication your information is secured by being a member of a restricted group that will only comprise members of the 1st Cheam Scout Group, their parents and adult leaders.
(11) Where the Group makes use of ‘open’ social media sites, these will be for the purpose of providing the Group with a ‘presence’ in the eye of the public and enabling the Group to promote its’ activities and encourage support for them. Where personal data is used on such sites (e.g., in images of Scouting activities) this will only be included where permission has been obtained from the data subject and/or their parent/guardian as appropriate’
(12) The Group publishes and circulates a periodic News Sheet reporting the activities of the Group and its’ ‘Sections’ and in so doing may refer to individuals by name, for example recording the achievement of an award or participation in a particular event. In these circumstances we will not disclose any personal data other than name ie; we will not include, for example, details of addresses, telephone numbers etc. Our News Sheet is circulated to parents and ‘friends’ of the Group, a copy is forwarded to the Scout Association and copies are available at our HQ. You may request that we do not disclose your child’s name in this way.
You are entitled to a copy of the information we hold about you and can request that this information is corrected, deleted or restricted to a specific purpose.Requests must be submitted in writing to: The Group Administrator, 1st Cheam Scout Group, 21 Malden Road, Cheam, Sutton, Surrey, SM3 8QD.
We will take reasonable steps and have in place appropriate security measures to protect your information.
Changes to this statement
Any changes to this Statement will be published on our website (www.1stcheamscouts.co.uk) and a copy made available on request to the Group Administrator.
19th November 2020