1st Cheam Scout Group – Data Privacy Statement
The Data Privacy Statement of 1st Cheam Scout Group (the ‘Group’) sets out what information we collect, how we collect it, and what we do with it. This Statement applies to you and a copy is available on request to the Group Administrator.
Information about you – your information
This refers to a combination of information such as your name, contact details, your child’s name, date of birth and any special needs/disabilities/dietary requirements that you supply to us or is otherwise supplied to us.
Your information is collected when a member joins the Group and when we request information specifically from you in relation to specific activities and other events.
We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
Our use of your information
(1) For the purpose of ensuring that we have contact information in case of emergencies or other matters that might affect the wellbeing or health of a member of the Group, and for the purposes of making the necessary bookings for Group led activities in which you or your child may be involved.
(2) For the purpose of providing you with information about activities and events in which the Group and its ‘Sections’ (Beavers, Cubs, Scouts), Young Leaders, Adult Leaders, helpers and Group Supporters may be involved.
(3) For the purpose of contacting you in relation to Group subscriptions, payments by Gift Aid, 100 Club, distribution of News Sheets and other events where the Group is seeking support.
(4) For the purpose of maintaining an admissions’ register and a waiting list of potential future members.
(5) For the purpose of maintaining historic archives and maintaining contact with alumni of the Group.
(6) Information (such as health or religion) may be considered “sensitive personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations. We collect it from you on request, to ensure the wellbeing of Group members and so that we can cater to their needs or act in their interests.
(7) We assume that you agree to us providing such information as is required by the Sutton District Scouts, the Greater London South West County Scouts and the Scout Association in order to support your membership of the Group and engagement in its activities.
(8) Photographs of your child may be used in displays within the 1st Cheam Scout Group’s headquarters for the purpose of showing activities that our Beavers, Cubs and Scouts take part in. You may request that any images of your child are not used in this way.
(9) Where the Group uses social media as a means of communication your information is secured by being a member of a restricted group that will only comprise members of the 1st Cheam Scout Group, their parents and adult leaders.
You are entitled to a copy of the information we hold about you and can request that this information is corrected, deleted or restricted to a specific purpose.
Requests must be submitted in writing to: The Group Administrator, 1st Cheam Scout Group, 21 Malden Road, Cheam, Sutton, Surrey, SM3 8QD.
We will take reasonable steps and have in place appropriate security measures to protect your information.
Changes to this statement
Any changes to this Statement will be published on our website (www.1stcheamscouts.co.uk) and a copy made available on request to the Group Administrator.